We live in a world of constant connection…yet mission trip fundraising is still relegated to a “special” Sunday night service…and it needs to change.
Today we’re interviewing Brandon Swain to learn how he’s spreading the word and using Facebook groups to build excitement and funds for his mission trip to Scotland.
About Our Guest: Brandon Swain
Brandon Swain is Husband to Holly Swain Father to Leona, Pastor, Designer, Communicator, Batman. (Basically, he is a geek)
In This Video
- Meet Brandon Swain and discover more about his Scotland Mission Trip…
- How to use social media to promote missionaries in your church…
- Continuing your digital journey while you’re there serving…
- The key mission trip fundraising event that paid off Brandon’s trip 2 months ahead of time…
- How to continue to support Brandon on his journey (the trip is paid off but continued donations will go towards Brandon’s per diem and the church he’s serving)
Important Links & Shoutouts
- Follow Brandon Swain’s journey in his Facebook group.
- Brandon’s Mission Trip Fundraising Page
- Follow Brandon Swain on Instagram
- You might also like: How To Use Facebook For Your Church The Best Way
Your missionaries need help promoting their efforts, both to garner prayers and for their mission trip fundraising efforts.
Today we have a number of tools at our disposal to get the word out beyond a Sunday church announcements. Social media, email, mailers, and even a big event to spread the word and get people excited to get involved.
If your church supports a missionary, ask them how you can support them with social media efforts to spread awareness of their project.
What’s your biggest “aha” moment from Brandon? Let us know in the comments below!